Saturday, April 30, 2011

[[mini LESSON]]

"What went well in your teaching?  Based on what you learned as an instructor, what changes would you make next time?"

I think that my entire lesson went very well, especially because i prepared by reviewing (and playing) with the website as i was making my lesson plans.  I became really familiar with the tools and tricks and what the site was capable of doing.  I think the most helpful part about my lesson was that i created the short story/scenario that we would be using as a class to work our way through the creator.  This would be especially helpful when demonstrating a lesson to a group of students who are elementary age because it wouldn't give them an opportunity to get distracted with the details. 

I think that if i had more time, i would allow the students to print off the postcard they created and allow them to decorate the front of each one.  Each student could be given another students' information and we could mail them to eachother's houses with positive remarks about the other student.  Any number of lessons could be derived from this short mini lesson. 

The part i learned most about this was that you can't wing it.  I had to really walk through the website and figure out how it worked.  I also had to create a way to keep 30 people on task and focused on the main idea--creating a postcard. 

1 comment:

  1. Two great insights: keeping everyone engaged and being well prepared. You can't miss when these two things are in place.

    ReplyDelete